Friday, December 4, 2015

The Star Shakers

"Star Shakers" ©Amanda Brannon
Clay Board Engraving with Acrylic Ink Color-wash
When I was inspired to create this piece a couple of years ago, someone near and dear to me in Alaska was going through a major transition. I kept having this vision of Dall's sheep frolicking beneath the Northern Lights. Sure enough, on the final night of her life on Earth, the Northern Lights danced outside her window and an earthquake shook the house. All I could say was, "We were not surprised." Hers was a life well-lived, full of laughter, love, and MUCH adventure—more than most people could dream of having. She was one of the most remarkable women I'd ever known, so it made sense that on the evening of her departure, there would be beauty and awe.

This piece reminds me to live more fully and with abandon, like a couple of Dall's sheep under the dancing Northern Lights...like a Star Shaker!




Prints of this piece are available, for the first time, in 8x10 gallery wrapped canvas through Taku Graphics. www.TakuGraphics.com

If you're interested in a differnt size, please feel free to contact me through my web site.