Monday, January 25, 2016

Space Coast Birding & Wildlife Festival


Whew! I just returned from the Space Coast Birding & Wildlife Festival in Titusville, Florida and boy, was that a wonderful time!  Although the weather was chilly, the bird & wildlife watching opportunities were plentiful!  Roseate Spoonbills, Scrub Jays, Wood Storks, White Pelicans, Yellow Legs, Snowy Egrets, Herons, Pileated Woodpeckers, Barred Owls, Red Winged Blackbirds, and bobcats were checked off my list of things I hoped to see!  The only bird I didn't get to see was the Painted Buntings...maybe next time! 

Also, what made this festival particularly wonderful was the wonderful new friends we met. Their hospitality was over-the-top. If you ever hat the opportunity to visit Titusville, Florida and the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, I highly recommend it.